Moon Stone to Machu Picchu 5 days.
Moonstone 5D is a hike of 40.1 km to go and walk an average of 6-7 hours per day. This hike is intended for tourists who would like to know more deeply the processes that led to the development of various architectural Inca cities like Watta, Cachiccata and Ollantaytambo. Also, this hike allows us to know Andean populations that still keep the Inca customs and Inca calendars used to determine periods of harvests of various inputs of the time. This hike is tied to a great landscape and climatic diversity; where the variety of scenarios make this hike a great attraction to the sight of visitors.
This hike is recommended for adults: couples, groups of friends, people alone. Also, you may want to trek having a good physical preparation due to the distances and altitudes that you will find through the trek. Finally, the best time to do this trek is between the months of April to November. The other 4 months the route is closed due to the rainy season.
Moonstone 5D does not have the same regulations as the Inca trail in regards to the number of people and permits allowed. However, included on your trek are the permits to Machupicchu and Huaynapicchu, which limit permits per day, maximum of 400 people divided in two shifts. In order to ensure the tickets to Huaynapicchu, it’s recommended to book with at least 3 or 4 months in anticipation, especially for the high season (from May to September).
Moonstone 5D can be booked from April to November only, as the rest of the year it is closed due to the rainy season and maintenance work in the area.
Our shared groups are small, from 4-8 people maximum. For private groups, the number of people will be determined by the client.
HOW TO BOOK?
To reserve an Inca Trail permit, we need the following information for EACH PARTICIPANT:
- First, Middle and Last names (exactly as they appear in your passport)
- Passport number and expiry date
- Date of Birth (dd/mm/yyyy)
- If you are a university student with a valid Student ID card, please send us a scan or photo at the time you make your reservation.
The deposit: to confirm your space (permit) on the Salkantay Trek , we need a deposit of 50% advance (This deposit does not include any transfer fees associated with sending the money to Wayki Trek.) You may also pay the entire cost of your trip up front after making your reservation; the alternative is to pay the balance in cash at our office in Cusco.
HOW TO MAKE THE DEPOSIT:
PAYPAL (We recommend this option, because it is easier, faster and safer)
PayPal payments can be made on our website by clicking the button “Pay on line”. You can also pay directly to firstname.lastname@example.org Both of these options require a 6% commission for PayPal and the bank. but in this first payment you don’t need to pay this tax (will be assumed by Wayki Trek) just pay 50% advance(prepaid). Once you have made your PayPal payment, please email us a copy of the transaction in order to proceed with your booking.
How to pay in full your trek via paypal:
- Log in to your PayPal account.
- Click Send Money.
- Enter the recipient’s email address “email@example.com”and the amount you want to pay
- Make your selection accordingly, then choose the reason for the payment.
- Click Continue.
Take advantage of the first payment, and make the total payment of your tour without any charge, as this first fee will be assumed by Wayki Trek.
WESTERN UNION the payment will be effective once we receive the money and this will depend on the days you indicate in Western Union)
If you decide to use Western Union, you will need to give the following information:
- Name: LEONIDAS
- Paternal Last Name: CUSI
- Maternal Last Name: LOAIZA
- Address: Calle Quera 239, Cusco – Perú
Please do not forget to email us the tracking code (MTCN) so that we can pick up the money and proceed with your reservation. Also, keep in mind that Western Union has its own transfer fees. The final amount that needs to arrive in Cusco is a minimum of 50% advance; you can also pay the entire amount up front.
- To guarantee your spot on the Inca Trail, you must send us your deposit. Otherwise, we CANNOT guarantee your reservation.
- The deposit amount 50% advance) or total cost of the trip does NOT include any transfer fees charged by intermediary businesses (PayPal, Banks, Western Union).
- Once you have made your payment, please email us your proof of transaction or MTCN tracking number to confirm your reservation. Without these, we cannot guarantee your reservation.
- Your deposit cannot be refunded. Once we have this and with your personal information, we immediately purchase your Inca Trail permits, and these are nonrefundable.
- The payment of any outstanding balance can be made at our office once you arrive in Cusco, after your briefing. Please keep in mind that we only accept cash. You may pay the entire price of your trip up front via PayPal or Western Union to avoid having to take out cash in Cusco.