02/06/2020 6:23 pm
At WAYKI TREK today we share our reflections about the Sanitary Protocol for the tourism sector against COVID-19 for travel and tourism agencies in Peru: a document with mandatory measures that the Ministry of Foreign Trade and Tourism (MINCETUR) has formulated for the safe operation of the travel agencies.
It establishes preventive measures to avoid the spread of COVID-19 in travel agencies and their facilities. These standards seek to protect the health of staff, clients and third parties; in addition to strengthening surveillance, containment and response systems against the risk of contagion of COVID-19. The protocol applies to all personnel, clients and third parties, and infrastructure of travel agencies, which may be exposed to COVID-19, as a consequence of the services they offer.
Some of the most outstanding aspects of the protocol are the following:
- Establish the responsibilities and mandatory preventive sanitary measures that must be met by company staff.
- Implement the customer service protocol in the office and sanitary processes for interaction in areas considering capacity, social distancing and interaction both at the staff level and between staff and clients.
- Cleaning and disinfection procedures for each area of the facilities, prioritizing the areas of attention to the public and the areas for staff use, warehouse areas and where equipment and other implements are kept.
- Provide the staff adequate PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) for jobs with medium risk of exposure to COVID-19, according to Ministerial Resolution No. 239-2020-MINSA, Guidelines for the surveillance of the health of workers with risk of exposure to COVID-19 (masks, gloves).
- Prefer payments by electronic means (bank transfers, applications, among others) to reduce the risk of infection by direct interaction, use digital means for messaging or other remote means, reducing the displacement of company staff and tour guides
- More exhaustive control of the company’s clients: travelers’ personal data, origin, health condition (pre-existing), travel insurance, medical insurance, others
- Measures during the operation of tours and excursions, including requesting the tourist guide for an updated record of the body temperature of the clients, the transport supplier and the guide, monitoring the operation and recording any incident, and to have emergency telephone numbers to report suspicious cases of COVID-19 and provide timely attention.
- Travel agencies that restart their services must implement at work their surveillance, prevention and control plan for COVID-19, according to the guidelines of Ministerial Resolution No. 239-2020-Minsa Technical Document: “Guidelines for the health surveillance of workers at risk of exposure to COVID-19 ”, and implement the protocol.
- Establish a frame of reference that eases the way for monitoring and enforcement
At WAYKI TREK we firmly believe that the application of these norms will help us to carry out better our activities. Thanks to these measures we are going to serve our clients in a safe way, trusting in the protection of our staff, and at the same time the protection of our clients and our service providers. We thank the Peruvian Government for formulating these measures and for offering tourism companies the advice and training necessary to put them into practice.
For all of the above, we feel safer and look forward to the soon return of our tourists! Dear travelers, we are waiting for you!