INCA TRAIL - 4 Days
The Inca Trail to Machu Picchu is the most awe-inspiring trek in the Americas. Along its 44km length of Inca road, you’ll come across different archaeological sites, breathtaking views of towering glaciated mountains, inter-Andean valleys, and semi-tropical forests. Microclimates ranging from cold mountain passes to temperate high jungle await you with all their flora and fauna.
This is a fantastic opportunity to connect with the vestiges of an ancient society, much of which still survives intact in archaeological sites, trails, bridges and the rural population of Peru. Discovering its mystique and ancestral culture along this trail is a great accomplishment.
The Inca Trail and its surroundings are protected areas. To prevent environmental and archaeological damage, the Peruvian Ministry of Culture only allows a maximum of 500 people per day to enter, including paying hikers and all support like guiding staff (porters, cooks, and guides). As such, you must reserve as far in advance as possible. At times, the trail books out 6 months or more in advance. Keep in mind that the months from May to September (inclusive) have the highest demand, and permits quickly book out. To reserve your space on the Inca Trail, we need certain personal information to send to the government agency which issues the permits.
Our shared groups are small, from 4-8 people maximum. For private groups, the number of people will be determined by the client.
HOW TO BOOK:
To reserve an Inca Trail permit, we need your personal information and your deposit the following information for EACH PARTICIPANT:
- Personal Information:
- First, Middle and Last names (exactly as they appear in your passport or send us a picture of your passport)
- Passport number and expiry date
- Date of Birth (dd/mm/yyyy)
- Occupation. If you are a university student with a valid Student ID card, please send us a scan or photo at the time you make your reservation.
- Any dietary requirements or special requests.
- Any health considerations (medical conditions, prescription medications, etc.)
- Your reason or motivation for making this trip.
- Your level of hiking experience.
2. Your deposit:
- To confirm your space (permit) on the Inca Trail, we need a deposit of 50% advance. (This deposit does not include any transfer fees associated with sending the money to Wayki Trek.)
- You may also pay the entire cost of your trip up front after making your reservation.
- You can pay the balance in cash at our office in Cusco.
HOW TO MAKE THE DEPOSIT:
- BOOKING NOW (We recommend this option, because it is easier, faster and safer)
BOOKING NOW is our system of payments. You can reservate on our website by clicking the button “BOOKING NOW”. Once you have made your payment of 50% advance (prepaid), please email us a copy of the transaction in order to proceed with your booking.
How to pay with Paypal:
- Log in to your PayPal account.
- Click Send Money.
- Enter the recipient’s email address “email@example.com”and the amount you want to pay
- Make your selection accordingly, then choose the reason for the payment.
- Click Continue.
Once you have made your PayPal payment, please email us a copy of the transaction.
Take advantage of the first payment, and make the total payment of your tour without any charge, as this first fee will be assumed by Wayki Trek.
3. WESTERN UNION the payment will be effective once we receive the money and this will depend on the days you indicate in Western Union)
If you decide to use Western Union, you will need to give the following information:
- Name: LEONIDAS
- Paternal Last Name: CUSI
- Maternal Last Name: LOAIZA
- Address: Calle Quera 239, Cusco – Perú
Please do not forget to email us the tracking code (MTCN) so that we can pick up the money and proceed with your reservation. Also, keep in mind that Western Union has its own transfer fees. The final amount that needs to arrive in Cusco is a minimum of 50% advance; you can also pay the entire amount up front.
- To guarantee your spot on the Inca Trail, you must send us your deposit. Otherwise, we CANNOT guarantee your reservation.
- The deposit amount 50% advance or total cost of the trip does NOT include any transfer fees charged by intermediary businesses (PayPal, Banks, Western Union).
- Once you have made your payment, please email us your proof of transaction or MTCN tracking number to confirm your reservation. Without these, we cannot guarantee your reservation.
- Your deposit cannot be refunded. Once we have this and with your personal information, we immediately purchase your Inca Trail permits, and these are nonrefundable.
- The payment of any outstanding balance can be made at our office once you arrive in Cusco, after your briefing. Please keep in mind that we only accept cash. You may pay the entire price of your trip up front via PayPal or Western Union to avoid having to take out cash in Cusco.