PERÚ 5 DAYS - WITH INCA TRAIL 2 DAYS
Conoce las maravillas y misterios que guardan la ciudad más importante del período Inca: Cusco. Sucumbir al encanto de sus sitios arqueológicos, su historia y tradiciones que aún viven en su gente. Disfruta de este Perú 5D y disfruta de la belleza arquitectónica de la ciudad del Cusco, descubre el encanto del Valle Sagrado, desafía tus límites y explora los 11 kilómetros de sendero que estos pueblos ancestrales hicieron con el Camino Inca 2D y finalmente, siente la magia que rodea una de las maravillas del mundo moderno: la ciudadela de Machu Picchu.
Sucumbir al encanto de esta ciudad una experiencia inolvidable con PERU 5D, con Wayki Trek.
For this tour PERU5D is necessary to know:
The Inca Trail 2 days and its surroundings are protected areas. To prevent environmental and archaeological damage, the Peruvian Ministry of Culture only allows a maximum of 250 people per day to enter, including paying hikers and all support and guiding staff. As such, you must reserve as far in advance as possible. At times, the trail books out 6 months or more in advance. Keep in mind that the months from April to September (inclusive) have the highest demand, and permits quickly book out. To reserve your space on the Inca Trail 2 days, we need certain personal information to send to the government agency which issues the permits.
Our shared groups are small, from 4-8 people maximum. For private groups, the number of people will be determined by the client.
HOW TO BOOK?
To reserve an Inca Trail 2 days permit and packages, we need the following information for EACH PARTICIPANT:
- First, Middle and Last names (exactly as they appear in your passport)
- Passport number and expiry date
- Date of Birth (dd/mm/yyyy)
- If you are a university student with a valid Student ID card, please send us a scan or photo at the time you make your reservation.
- Any dietary requirements or special requests.
- Any health considerations (medical conditions, prescription medications, etc.)
- Your reason or motivation for making this trip.
- Your level of hiking experience.
The deposit: to confirm your space (permit) on PERU 5D, we need a deposit of $400.00 USD per person. (This deposit does not include any transfer fees associated with sending the money to Wayki Trek.) You may also pay the entire cost of your trip up front after making your reservation; the alternative is to pay the balance in cash at our office in Cusco.
HOW TO MAKE THE DEPOSIT:
PAYPAL (We recommend this option, because it is easier, faster and safer)
PayPal payments can be made on our website by clicking the button “Pay on line”. You can also pay directly to firstname.lastname@example.org Both of these options require a 6% commission for PayPal and the bank. but in this first payment you don’t need to pay this tax (will be assumed by Wayki Trek) just pay USD 400 (prepaid). Once you have made your PayPal payment, please email us a copy of the transaction in order to proceed with your booking.
How to pay in full your trek via paypal:
- Log in to your PayPal account.
- Click Send Money.
- Enter the recipient’s email address “email@example.com”and the amount you want to pay
- Make your selection accordingly, then choose the reason for the payment.
- Click Continue.
Take advantage of the first payment, and make the total payment of your tour without any charge, as this first fee will be assumed by Wayki Trek.
WESTERN UNION the payment will be effective once we receive the money and this will depend on the days you indicate in Western Union)
If you decide to use Western Union (http://www.westernunion.com), you will need to give the following information:
- Name: LEONIDAS
- Paternal Last Name: CUSI
- Maternal Last Name: LOAIZA
- Address: Calle Quera 239, Cusco – Perú
Please do not forget to email us the tracking code (MTCN) so that we can pick up the money and proceed with your reservation. Also, keep in mind that Western Union has its own transfer fees. The final amount that needs to arrive in Cusco is a minimum of $400.00 USD; you can also pay the entire amount up front.
- To guarantee your spot on the Inca Trail, you must send us your deposit. Otherwise, we CANNOT guarantee your reservation.
- The deposit amount ($400.00 USD) or total cost of the trip does NOT include any transfer fees charged by intermediary businesses (PayPal, Banks, Western Union).
- Once you have made your payment, please email us your proof of transaction or MTCN tracking number to confirm your reservation. Without these, we cannot guarantee your reservation.
- Your deposit cannot be refunded. Once we have this and with your personal information, we immediately purchase your Inca Trail permits, and these are nonrefundable.
- The payment of any outstanding balance can be made at our office once you arrive in Cusco, after your briefing. Please keep in mind that we only accept cash. You may pay the entire price of your trip up front via PayPal or Western Union to avoid having to take out cash in Cusco.
Our transfer will pick you up from Jorge Chavez International Airport in Lima and take you to your hotel. Overnight*.
|*Please note that if there is a delay in your flight resulting in a longer waiting time at the airport for your transportation to the hotel. A fee will be applied for that additional waiting time.|
After breakfast, our transfer will pick you up from the hotel and take you to Jorge Chavez International Airport. Once you are there, we will take the flight Lima to Cusco. When we arrive, we will welcome to the Imperial City of Cusco with a warm coca tea, a medical plant from the Andes that helps with the Soroche (altitude sickness) and we will transfer to your hotel. After a rest and a light lunch, we will begin our City Tour Cusco. We will visit six impressive places; 2 of them in the city itself: the Cathedral and Qoricancha (Temple of the Sun) and the other 4, surrounding the city of Cusco; these are the archaeological sites of Sacsayhuaman, Qüenco, Puca Pucara and Tambomachay. By observing these wonders, you run out of breath!
At the end of this long day, we have a rest; therefore, we will transfer you to your hotel to rest peacefully.
In the morning, after taking a revitalizing breakfast, your guide will pick you up at your hotel to start your tour to Sacred Valley. There, you can see the beautiful landscape with corn and potatoes and a whole variety of colors ranging from green mountains to deep red in their clay. Also, you will visit the Pisac Market with handicrafts and traditional Fair. Subsequently, we are passing through the capital of this valley, Urubamba; where we can do some shopping. Then we drive to Ollantaytambo. A beautiful city with huge terraces and a unique charm that only this city can offer.
On the way back to Cusco, we stop at the village of Chinchero, famous for textiles and owns the chapel. Hence, we can do some shopping before returning to Cusco. Finally, we’ll leave it at your hotel to take a rest.
Early in the morning we will pick you up from your hotel and take you to Train Station at Ollantaytambo; where we will take the train to get to the start point of the trek at Km 104. The transfer between bus and train will be around 3 or 4 hours. Along the way we will see beautiful landscapes, mountains, Andean towns, mount snows and valleys, specially the Sacred Valley. This route will take us to the beginning of the trek and will take us down, even more, to the “Ceja de Selva” (Jungle) and the Urubamba River showing us all its natural beauty.
Once we arrive to Km 104 (start point of the trek) we get close to the principal gate in order to check in and start with our big adventure to Machupicchu. The first archeological center to visit will be Chachabamba (2,050 msnm) which is known for its beautiful construction and location on the valley, that still preserves intact its architecture. After that, we will ascend slowly for about 3 hours to the fascinating archeological center of Wiñaywayna (2,650 msnm), where we will enjoy its charms and taste our box lunch. After a short break, we continue through the semi-tropical forest to the mystic Intipunku (Sun Gate) where, we will appreciate the first panoramic view of the enigmatic citadel of Machu Picchu, surrounded by impressive mountain peaks, deep valleys and the Urubamba River. From Intipunku we will descend for almost 30 minutes for the citadel and we will place it at the top to rest and take pictures. Finally, we will take the bus to Aguas Calientes (2,030 meters), where we will spend the night in the chosen hotel, where we have the opportunity to visit the hot springs of the place. After a good rest we will get together with the group to have dinner.
- Distance to the next destination: 11 Km.
- Walking Hours: 6-7 hours
- Low Altitude: 2030 m. / 6658 Ft.
- High Altitude: 2650 m. / 8692 Ft.
- Campsite Altitude: 2030 m. / 6658 Ft.
After an early warm breakfast, we will take the first bus to Machupicchu so we can enjoy the beautiful sunrise on this magical place and before the arrival of more tourists. The guided visit inside the citadel will take about 2 or 3 hours. After that, we will have the opportunity to explore freely the wonderful lost city of the Incas. By the afternoon, we will go back to Aguas Calientes to take the train back, Peru Rail – Expedition *.
We will pick you up from your hotel and take you to the airport of Cusco so you can take your flight back home. We at Wayki Trek hope you enjoyed, like we did, this challenging adventure, with the aim of being able to see you again soon and enjoy another remarkable story together.
- City tour in Cusco (Bus, guide, entrance tickets)
- Sacred Valley tour from Cusco (Bus, guide and entrance tickets)
- 2D Inca Trail (briefing, round trip train ticket to Machupicchu, entrance to the Inca Trail and Machupicchu, professional guide, food (1B, 1 box lunch, 1D), one night of accommodation at Aguas Calientes in a 3* hotel, round trip bus tickets from Machupicchu to Aguas Calientes, transfer to the start point of the trek and return to Cusco, first aid kit and radio communication)
- Transfer from the Airport / Hotel / Airport (Lima)
- Transfer from Airport / Hotel / Airport (Cusco)
- All the transfer for the tours
ACCOMMODATION: 5 NIGHTS*
- Lima: 1 night
- Cusco: 3 nights
- Aguas Calientes: 1 night
*The rooms can be doubles or simple, Standard type.
THE PACKAGE DOES NOT INCLUDED :
- Lunch for the last day, after visiting Machupicchu
- Entrance to Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain*
- Air fares (flight tickets)
- Meals in the city
IMPORTANT: 5D Peru Package is provided on a shared service, if you want a private service, please contact your sales executive. Note that on a PRIVATE Service, discounts do not apply.
|PAX||HOTEL ***||BED & BREAKFAST|
|1 person||USD 1,471.00||–||USD 1,246.00||–|
|2 people||USD 1,379.00||USD 1,079.00||USD 1,154.00||USD 974.00|
|3 people||USD 1,349.00||USD 1,049.00||USD 1,124.00||USD 944.00|
* Price per person, applicable to departures from April 1, 2020 to March 31, 2021
- SWD: Accommodation in single room (1 person)
- DWB: Accommodation in double or twin room (2 persons)
- Bed & Breakfast: Category Hostal in Peru.
1. Children between 8-17 years old pay the student price, but they must show a copy of their passport. Children will receive the underage student price if they, at the time of their trip, are at most 17 years old and have had their birthday recently.
2. Children under seven (7) years of age receive a 30% discount.
3. University students must have a student card with the following information to receive the discount:
- Name of the university
- The student’s full name, identical to the one in their passport.
- A photo of the student.
- Student number or code.
- Expiry date (must be valid for the entire duration of the trip).
The student card must show all of the information mentioned above. If it does not, the Peruvian Ministry of Culture will not accept the card and will not issue a discount for the Inca Trail permit (it is this discount from the Ministry of Culture that we pass on to students).
Once you have reserved as a student, you must bring your original student card (not a copy) to enter the Inca Trail. If you forget your card, you will not be able to do the hike and you will lose your permit.
4. Members of the South American Club (SAE) receive a $20 USD discount.
Please ask for our price in case you’re coming during Holidays, because accommodation prices may vary during those dates.
IMPORTANT: Please note that the discounts ONLY applies for the 2D Inca Trail service portion of the Package.
OPTIONAL SERVICES FOR THE 2D INCA TRAIL
- 8 kilos porter: USD 00 You must confirm this service during your booking
- 15 kilos porter: USD 150.00 You must confirm this service during your booking
- Hiking poles: USD 25.00
- Huaynapicchu Mountain: USD 75.00*
- Machupicchu Mountain: USD 75.00*
- Toilet tent: USD 45.00
- Extra night in Aguas Calientes: Please ask for the price
- Upgrade or change of schedules for the train back to Cusco: please ask for the price.
CANCELLING POLICY COVID-19
Special terms and conditions: In the event that the COVID 19 pandemic situation continues throughout the world, Wayki Trek will give you the option to reschedule your trip or have a credit note for the future or return in coordination with the regulatory institutions of tourist attractions.
CANCELLING YOUR RESERVATION:
Wayki Trek has the following policies concerning cancellation of reservations:
1. Due to the strict regulations established by Machu Picchu Park, once you have made your booking the space and permit that has been purchased cannot be cancelled. It is also impossible to transfer the permit to someone else under a different name. The date of your permit can not be modified either. Therefore, if you are not able to arrive on the scheduled date, no refunds can be made for your Inca Trail permit.
Permits are not refundable and WAYKI TREK will purchase the permits as soon as confirmation of your booking has been sent.
- If you cancel 30 or more days in advance, you will lose your first deposit but will have the right to whatever entrance tickets we have purchased for you.
- If you cancel between 29 and 11 days before your trip, you must pay 50% of the total cost. You will have the right to whatever entrance tickets we have purchased for you, a guided tour of Machu Picchu on the day that it was scheduled in your original itinerary, and whatever other service we have purchased for you.
- If you cancel between 10 and 4 days before your trip, you must pay 80% of the total cost. You will have the right to whatever entrance tickets we have purchased for you, a guided tour of Machu Picchu on the day that it was scheduled in your original itinerary, train ticket* and bus ticket.
- If you cancel between 1 and 3 days before your trip, this is regarded as a “no show” and you must pay 100% of the total cost. You will have the right to whatever entrance tickets we have purchased for you, a guided tour of Machu Picchu on the day that it was scheduled in your original itinerary, train ticket* and bus ticket.
2. If you decide to stop for personal reasons once the hike has started, you will automatically lose all the included services. Any costs incurred during your return, such as food, transportation, or lodging, will be your responsibility. However, you can rejoin the group at Machu Picchu for the visit, where you may use your entrance ticket, participate in the guided tour, take the return bus to Aguas Calientes and the train back to Ollantaytambo.
3. If you plan to renew your passport after making your reservation, especially the number, be sure to send a photo of the old passport and the new one to make the change at the Machu Picchu Park office. Ideally, bring your old passport with you as well.
4. If you change your last name from the one which is on your passport (for marriage or any other reason), you will not be able to update this on your trail permit or Machu Picchu entrance ticket. However, your reserved space on the trail will stay available, and you can buy the trail permit again (at an extra cost) for this space using your new last name. To avoid repurchasing your ticket, you can use your passport with your old name that your original reservation was made under, but this passport must be valid for the entire duration of your visit.
5. Events out of our control which make any part of the trip impossible, such as strikes, protests, flight cancellations, weather conditions, or the overselling of hotels or flights. In any of these cases, we will suggest alternative arrangements (if any are available) to make the trip possible. Any costs associated with these alternative arrangements will be the responsibility of the traveler.
Why choose us
We keep our group sizes small at Wayki Trek, allowing us to give you highly personalized service.
This lets you enjoy your hike more and better get to know all the other participants, making your experience unique and unforgettable. We also practice a high level of environmental and social responsability on each one of our expeditions.
3. Small groups
7. Our porters
In the event that you decide to Withdraw The trekking once has started , you will be responsible for all additional charges such as: fooed and transportation that might occur due to the modification of your itinerary. However you can join the group again in Aguas calientes to spend the night and visit Machu Piccchu.
If you have reserved the service with your old Passport and then you have renewed it and obtained another. You have most likely changed the number of it. Please let us know so we can update this information. This modification has to be made prior your trip to Peru (at least 10 days before your trip). As soon as you have your new passport, please inform Wayki Trek of this change. Otherwise, this update or modification will have an additional fee of USD 12 and it will create a big inconvenience to update it at the last minute.
IMPORTANT: If you bring your new passport and failed to inform us and this information was not updated, you won’t be allowed to enter Machu Picchu, Huayna Picchu and the use of train services.
Those passengers who booked their trip using the discounted price for ISIC Student Holders must bring their original and valid CIIU card (not a copy, not expired). This document must be shown at the control points throughout of the route. Unfortunately, if you do not bring your card. You won’t be able to enter Machu Picchu, Huayna Picchu or use the train services as the ticket won’t be valid without your card.
For all our treks such as Inca Trail or Alternative Treks we provide an emergency kit that can be used in case of any incidence on the trek and with the consent of the affected customers
You can find the following in our first aid kid: oxygenated water, tincture of iodine, germicidal soap, cotton, gauze; large, medium and small bands, medical tape, surgical gloves, bronchodilators (inhalers or tablets), muscle pain medications (cream), stomach pain relievers, antipyretics, antiallergic, anti-inflammatory, antispasmodics, rehydration salts, laxatives, ophthalmic liquids, creams or liquids for relief from prolonged sun exposure, creams or liquids to burn relief, limb immobilizers, blood pressure and thermometer
IMPORTANT: it is good to inform our passengers which contain our first aid kit, but please consider only a doctor can diagnose and approve its use. Consider that the guide and our camp ́s staff does not have a power to diagnose a medical prescription to passengers. For this reason, every drug used on the trek will be under the responsibility and user authorization of passengers.
If you have medical restrictions for some or all the activities detailed in your booking. Please contact your doctor and inquire about the risks of doing said activities.
For those trekkers that come to Cusco directly from places at sea level; we recommend to arrive 2-3 days before your trek. Two of the most common health issues among tourists in Cusco are: The Altitude Sickness (Soroche) and stomach pain provoked by slow digestion.
Altitude Sickness; some of the symptoms are: headache and nausea. There are some over the counter medication (pills) that help to minimize the symptoms of this problem, such as Glucosa Coramina, Aspirina, Diamox, Soroichi Pill, Acetazolamida, among others. If the symptoms persist, the use of oxygen is the next step. Under this circumstances, we have the equipment and staff ready to assist our trekkers.
Stomach Pain; It is recommended to drink between 3-4 liters of water per day. Your body will need this to stay hydrated. It is specially recommended hot drinks like, coca leaves tea. Also, soups, vegetables and carbohydrates (not fried or heavy). Candy, chocolates, cookies and fruits are also a good option. In general, all food that is easy to digest. Do not have drink alcohol or smoke.
Try to sleep at least 8 hours and do not exercise too much. Keep your body in good temperature wearing warm clothes to protect yourself from the cold weather. During the adjusting to the altitude there is a general rule to follow: eat what is necessary and drink plenty of liquids.
It is very important that our passengers informs us before their trip, of any medical restriction or food
restriction, allergies, special diets, current medication, health issues or anything that we need to consider to make your trip enjoyable and without concerns.
There is no restrictions given by the ministry of culture in regards minors doing treks. In fact, most of the times that we have had the participation of a minor in our treks, they have adjusted better compared to adults. However, you must consider that any type of treks demand a lot of physical strength and endurance. Therefore, parents taking their children along should be aware of how extenuating this activity can be for adults and young participants as well.
In order to give peace of mind to those parents, we suggest to hire the services of an extra mule/horse for the minor’s personal items and himself if necessary.
It is equally important to keep hydrated during the trekking. Our staff on the trail will supply of this important element. It is also helpful to advise our staff about the minor needs so the tour guide can program the rest stops along the trail for a bit longer. All these are recommendations that WAYKI TREK gives in order to make a smooth experience on the trial, however they are not mandatory.
The use of both items is extremely necessary, remember that Peru is close to the equatorial line; therefore the sun rays are stronger due to the altitude. Many of our passengers have never experience the sun like that and the risk for sunburns is serious. Take along a hat, sun block for face and lips, sun glasses of good quality to protect your eyes.
There is no restrictions in regards to the physical fitness. However it is recommended that you are in good shape for any trek. Also, we suggest you to visit the foot doctor, as your feet should be in the best conditions possible before the trek. If you are a regular blood donor, please make sure you do your last blood donation 8 to 10 weeks before your trip.
Cusco and the inca trail 2 days have different climate depending on the season. Heavy rain from October through March and dry season from May to September, the sky is clear and sunny. The temperature range between 10° and 21° Celsius. The coldest months are from May to July with almost no rain. The Terrain is quite irregular.
WAYKI TREK offers the service of portable toilets during their trek. However, on the way there are also public toilets in some camps and lunch spots. By using these toilets is paid U $$ 0.50 cents.
Also, if you want to have this service exclusively for you, you may hire an extra bathroom tent; the cost of it is $ 45.00 USD for the whole trek and can be used by you and your friends.
If, in your trek, you have an extra horse to carry your belongings (8kg or 15kg), you will be given a duffel bag so our staff can carry it, in based the kilos requested. Also, please note that the duffel bag will be given during the BRIEFING and the return of it will be coordinate with your guide
The final payment of your due balance will be done in Wayki Trek offices in Cusco, during your Briefing. Please remember that we accept CASH only (USD or Peruvian Currency). Also, please make sure that if you bring bills, they are in good condition. We don’t accept torn bills.
If you don’t like the idea of travelling with cash, Wayki Trek advises to send yourself the amount of money you will need during your trip through Western Union with destination: Cusco City. Upon arrival to Cusco, you will be able to pick it up from any Wester Union office in Cusco. Please note that the fees to wire money are a big higher when done at the last minute. Therefore, we suggest you do it in advance.
Tips are a way to show gratitude for a service provided. It does not have a set amount. However it is NOT mandatory for any passenger to give them. Every Staff from WAYKI TREK has a salary whether they are: DRIVERS, TRANSFERS, TOUR GUIDES, MULETEER’S LEADER, MULETEER, CHEF, ASSISTANT COOK and WAITER. There is not minimum amount for the tip and it only depends on how much the passenger would like to give. If on the contrary, the passenger does not feel like giving a tip. He is entitled to it.
Please be aware that our Staff ARE NOT AUTHORIZED to request any tips or suggest a specific amount. WARNING: IF ANY STAFF MENTIONED ABOVE IS FOUND TO BE REQUESTING TIPS TO OUR PASSENGERS WILL
BE DISMISSED FROM THE COMPANY, AS IT IS CONSIDERED A SERIOUS OFFENSE.
Strikes and National Labor Stoppages are caused by the mass refusal of the population of a determined area or region. In observance to this, WAYKI TREK first priority is the safety of its passengers; for this reason, if faced with a strike or national work stoppage, some of the services that we provided may be altered in schedules, itineraries or in extreme and rare cases can cause the cancellation of services and rescheduling of the same. WAYKI TREK requests its passengers to be fully aware of these measures as they are implemented to ensure the safety of our passengers and staff.
Each and every process that we follow in order to provide a good service, guarantees the protection of our environment. We use detergents that will not harm the grounds on the trails. We provide water throughout the trek, in order to minimize the use of plastic bottles that can contaminate the area. We also provide at our passengers request biodegradable toilets, so we can dispose of the residues on specific areas determined by the government. We are also implementing the use of LED flashlights that will replace the use of batteries that many times are discarded along the trail. Finally, as a company, we believe in the importance of educating and creating awareness among all our passengers in regards the protection of the trekking areas and that their collaboration is crucial for our job.
For the trek, it is recommended to bring a bottle of water (1 liter). From the first lunch, Wayki TREK will be supplying the clients from boiled water.
Although you can buy bottled water en route, we encouraged you to bring your personal bottle during the trip. In this case, you could use bpa free bottles of flexible plastic like the Platypus brand. Such bottles allow easily bring content and when it’s empty, the bottle does not take up much room in the backpack (it is reusable and flexible). For that reason, by an environmental issue and preservation of the protected area, we asked our participants to support this initiative Wayki TREK.
If on the contrary, you wish to purchase bottled water during your trek, we ask you to please be responsible when discarding the empty bottles and do so at the specific areas within the campsites. Do not leave them along the trail. You can also keep all your bottles till the end of the trek until we get to Aguas Calientes town. You will be able to dispose of those items in the designated areas. By following this practices we avoid any negative environmental impact to the reserved area.
Another option is to take water purifier pills. However, from our experience before. We have seen some of our passengers suffering from stomach pain and discomfort after doing this. That is why we suggest you to
allow us to supply boiled water in your own plastic bottle.
During your walk, you can find outlets. This will much more facilities in it.
Cusco and Inca trail, we find the following points of sale: Cusco city, along the archeological places in sacred valley, Ollantaytambo and Aguas Calientes. On those places you can find some beverages and snacks.
According to the Inka Trail regulatory institution, in order to purchase your entrance ticket, you must provide the following personal information: First and Last Name, Passport Nº, Gender Identity, Date of Birth or Age, as well as Nationality. You must then pay an already agreed-upon amount of money to your tour operator for the purchase of your entrance ticket.
Once the entrance ticket has been purchased, you will not be able to make any changes to your First and Last Name, as well as your Start Date, under any circumstances. The government only allows changes to Passport Numbers. Please consult with your tour operator if you have any questions or concerns.
The government will only allow us to update passport numbers if we have a copy of both the previous and current passport. If you no longer have your previous passport, any government form of identification will be accepted, provided that the First and Last Name are the same.
Most people travel to Cusco by air. Please note that the Cusco airport operates national flights only. Therefore, if you come directly from abroad to Lima, you are going to need to pick up your bags at the airport and re-check them for your flight to Cusco. There are four airlines that fly back and forth between Lima and Cusco: LATAM Airlines, AVIANCA Airlines, Star Peru, and Peruvian Airlines. All of these airlines offer similar schedules and flight services, but we generally recommend LATAM Airlines. You also have the option of travelling to Cusco by land. Please keep in mind that it takes approximately 24 hours to get from Lima to Cusco. If you have any questions or want more information on the matter, please consult with WAYKI’s sales representatives.
While you can stay at any hotel in Cusco, it is becoming increasingly difficult to travel in the city by car. In WAYKI TREK, we commit ourselves to picking you up from your place of lodging, be it in the city center or in the surrounding areas, specially now that it has become increasingly popular to stay in apartments or in rooms within houses. In the event that our vehicle cannot access your place of lodging, our staff will help and orient you to the nearest point with vehicular access.
Of course. You can stay anywhere in the Sacred Valley. However, you must keep in mind that the INKA TRAIL route is Cusco-Urubamba-Ollantaytambo. If your hotel is located in this route, we will coordinate a specific time for your pick-up (at no additional cost). If your hotel is located outside this route, you must contact WAYKI’s sales representatives to coordinate a time for your pick-up (at an additional cost).
If you do not wish to stay in Cusco, we strongly suggest you stay in Ollantaytambo. Those that wish to stay in Ollantaytambo will be able to sleep a little bit more as we will be picking you up approximately 1.5 hours after the pick-up time in Cusco. That being said, we will coordinate a briefing session ahead of our trip. In the worst of cases, we will schedule multiple briefing sessions according to our clients’ accomodations. If you have any questions or want more information on the matter, please consult with WAYKI’s sales representatives.
Most hotels, and even homes in Peru, are now equipped with standard US plug sockets.
Although you do not need to complete any specific kind of training for the Cusco treks, we suggest that the best way to prepare yourself physically is to exercise on the treadmill, selecting the steep slopes configuration, as well as going up and down stairs or using the stairmaster. Please keep in mind that you will need between 2 to 3 days in Cusco before the start date of your trek.
We always recommend using the lightest possible trekking shoes. Those that provide ankle support are very useful, especially for inexperienced hikers, as you will be going up and down a lot of stairs made by our ancestors, the Incas.
No. However, walking sticks are always useful for hikers, specially when completing this trek. This is because there are a lot of trails that vary in altitude and are not always straight. Thus when you are in these trails, using walking sticks can really help relieve the accumulated pressure in your knees as well as help you climb the mountain. In addition, our walking sticks are adjustable. As such, when you are not using them, you can shorten the walking sticks so that they do not bother you. For those who want to bring their own walking sticks, make sure that they have rubber tips or park rangers will not allow you to use them. In case you forgot to bring them from your home country, you may purchase rubber tips in Cusco.
All luggage that is not necessary for the trek must stay in Cusco. All hotels in Cusco are quite used to, and prepared for, storing luggage. In the event that you have nowhere to store your luggage, you may leave your bags in our offices until our advendure ends. We will make sure your bags are stored safely, do not worry!