Written by Wayki Trek, 14/08/2022 9:18 pm
We made a list of recommendations to pack your backpack for the Inca Trail and Salkantay trek.
Recommendations to pack your backpack for the Inca Trail and Salkantay trek
- A backpack is a bag of bags, which means that we will separate things into bags inside, in order to order them and find them more easily and quickly.
- You must choose a backpack according to your height and that above all you are capable of carrying, do not overload it to the limit remember that you must walk its good steps on more than one occasion.
- The total weight of your backpack must not exceed 20% of your weight.
- Before putting things away, we will organize them: toiletries, underwear, eating utensils and try to put them in the outer pockets of your backpack, so you will have them within reach.
- Inside, you must order long pants, shorts, t-shirts, long and short sleeves, cotton polo shirt (a couple of changes of clothes), socks, jacket and a rain poncho for the rainy season.
- What cannot be missing is your “ALWAYS READY”, here you must take basic necessities such as: thread, needle, band-aid patch, aspirin, tweezers, a match box protected in a bag (so it does not get wet).
IMPORTANT: Do not bring items that are not essential, since the load will be heavy.
Why choose Wayki Tre to going to Machu Picchu?
We’ve worked with hundreds of guides, cooks and porters, many of whom have gone on to start their own successful businesses.
Throughout our 20 years of operation, we have been pioneers in professionalizing the experience on the Inka Trail.
Make more than 18,000 clients from different parts of the world happy.
We work hard on the personal and professional development of our employees and the rural population.
As a result, many of our porters have been promoted to cooks and guides. Also, many of our guides today have their own travel agencies.